Working alone on site
Construction workers, those lone working in the utility sector and other field workers such as surveyors, face particular risks which need to be considered and planned for as part of your lone worker risk assessments and working alone policy.
Additional risks to field-based workers include;
- Working at height
- Working with utilities including electricity and gas
- Working with specialist or large equipment
- Working next to busy roads
- Driving to and from site
- Unsocial hours
Read our guide to lone working in the field
- Guide To Lone Working
- What is a lone worker?
- Lone worker risks & hazards
- Is working alone legal?
- Lone worker risk assessment
- Developing your lone worker policy
- Protecting your lone workers